Thursday, December 5, 2013

Faith > Fear

Scanxiety is at an all-time high. Maybe it’s a combination of impending icy weather, added responsibilities ungraciously required of us, not being ready for Christmas, work, Colson’s business, and scans. Who knows… I’m anxious, and I’m blaming it all on the scans.

Let my faith be bigger than my fear.

We check in tomorrow at 9:00 a.m. Trip will have a skeletal survey then an MRI. (Cross fingers that we have no issues getting there with the expected bad weather and that Colson and I can both be there when Trip goes under.) The plan is to go over the results on Tuesday and figure out next steps.

Let my faith be bigger than my fear.

I constantly rely on the histio support group but have had to force myself off of the webpage. It is a great place to draw strength, but sometimes it gets to be more than I can process. There are more sad stories than good ones since we are all looking for comfort in each other and pleading for someone to make it all ok. Recently, I’ve read about too many cases of histio returning, and my heart breaks for those families while at the same time fear for my own family takes over.

Let my faith be bigger than my fear.

I have to stop every so often to remind myself to stay in the moment, to appreciate every single minute I get with my loved ones, to have an attitude of gratitude and to remind myself that I have handled many roller coaster rides over the last few years (y’all know I hate the literal and figurative roller coaster!). It is what it is. No matter how much worrying I do, it won’t change the outcome.

Let my faith be bigger than my fear.

I realize how whiny I sound, so I'm going to ask for a pass today. :) Prayers and calming thoughts are appreciated now and always. I’m working on myself but there are days I struggle, so I rely on those of you who sincerely support us with your prayers, words and actions to get me through.

Let my faith be bigger than my fear.


No comments: