Saturday, May 26, 2012

Family Update

Trip’s MRI was thankfully uneventful. He was brave and it was over quickly. We still haven’t heard from the downtown hospital to reschedule the PET. Obviously it will be the end of next week if next week at all. We go to the doctor on Tuesday for a follow up.

My dad had his prostatectomy on Thursday. I should have been there but thought Trip was having his PET. The doctor said Dad’s was the hardest/longest procedure he has ever done. Trip thinks Pops has a "peeper affection"... what??!? He is concerned about Pops having a "peeper tube" because he has had one and HATES the thought of it. Dad is home resting now. I know Mom can care for him, but I feel like I need a clone. Never have I wanted to be in two places so badly. I’m ready for everyone to get a clean bill of health. I’m ready for a boring life that I treasure. Until “boring” comes along, I’ll still treasure this life I’m blessed to have.

I appreciate so much everyone’s thoughts and prayers for our family. I appreciate those of you close to my parents for checking on them and being there for them. I hope everyone have a very happy and safe Memorial Day weekend. Much love and peace to all.

No comments: